How time flies! Jog for Hope is just a day away!
Here is some useful information for all our dear joggers who have registered to run on that day.
1. Remember your training– We hope you’ve been training for the run! Do not underestimate the distance! Although it’ll be a 6.5 KM run for most of you, it is a hillside area and is NOT on level ground.
2. Check out the route – Familiarize yourself with the route map! We certainly do not want anyone getting lost on that day :)
3. Take care of yourself – We don’t want anyone falling sick just before the event! Remember to eat healthy, get enough rest and drink plenty of fluids.
4. Things to bring:
-Your IC/passport and receipt
-An extra t-shirt to change into after running
-A water bottle
On 15th July (SUNDAY)
1. Get to the carpark- If you’re driving, the first thing you should do is find a parking spot at the Hartamas shopping complex. The management has kindly agreed to open their carpark at 5.00AM for participants of jog for hope to park and it’s only RM1 for the whole day! Please note that parking in front of Taylor’s College Sri Hartamas is NOT allowed as there is only limited space in front of the college.
*The link between Hartamas Shopping complex and TCSH will be open at 5AM too!
2. Everything begins at 5.30AM!– Upon entering the college, do head over to our serial number and t-shirt collection booths to well, receive your serial number and t-shirt! :) The booth will be open until 7AM
If you have not registered and paid for the event yet and would like to do so on-the-spot, please head on over to the on-the-spot registration counter instead. (Please note that after 6.30AM, we will no longer accept registrations!)
Please remember to bring along your receipt and IC/passport to collect your t-shirt and serial number!
If we are unable to verify your registration, you will have to re-register.
Please take note, we have a limited stock of t-shirts and they are limited to the first 1200 participants ONLY. So rise and shine, do not be late! :)
3. Deposit your bags– If you have any bags you would like to store, we have a bag deposit area available for you. You will need your serial number in order to deposit your bag.
*Claus: At your own risk
The JFH committee will not be held responsible for any losses, so travel light and leave all unneccessary valuables at home.
4. Warm up – Stretch those muscles! The warm up will be conducted in front of Taylor’s College Sri Hartamas. It certainly would not hurt to do your own light stretching before the run as well.
5. And we’re off- Flag off time is at 7.30AM.
6. Jogging and jogging, who wouldn’t be tired? Nothing to fear though as there are water stations and first aid stations placed alongside the route as you run, or jog, or walk!
7. Checkpoints– Checkpoints are where you collect an item as proof that you have run that far, please do not forget to collect the item! If you do not have the checkpoint item, even if you end up being the first, you will not receive any prize!
8. Oh goody! – Goodie bag collection starts at 8.00AM. Please don’t toss away your serial number as you will need it to collect a goodie bag! Only 1200 goodie bags will be given out.
9. Check out the exhibition booths– We will have several booths on campus that you can check out after the run, including one for our charity body, SPICES. Do check it out to see what this year’s Jog for Hope is all about!
For more details or if you need more information, check out the links on top of the page! Our itinerary page is now up as well.
Please take a look at our TCSH layout for the day, so you’d know exactly where to go to register/get your t-shirt/deposit your bag!
We really hope to see you then!
The Jog for Hope team.